The concept has really exploded over the past couple of years and many, many excellent resources can be found online. Check out the following links for the top three uber-directories:
- FOAMsearch.net (previously EMGoogle.com) – Specialized google search of virtually every free EM and CC resource.
- EMCC Ultimate Blogroll and Database from LIFTL
- FOAMem (http://foamem.com), your one-stop shop Emergency Medicine and Critical Care RSS feed
- Visit this page for a listing of upcoming EM, CC, Med Ed, Social Media, and Bioethics conferences.
A Vision of Global Medical Education
Visit the newly launched Global Medical Education Project (GMEP) to sign up for the latest evolution of active, social, free online medical education.
Home Cooked Meals
I’ll be using this page to archive talks, workshops and other educational projects as they come along. These are mostly geared towards junior physicians and to students of the health professions. If you’d like access to downloadable versions of the files or specific images, let me know. All files posted here are my original work. Feel free to use them as you like, but please provide appropriate reference. All are works in progress and will be updated from time to time – suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated!
For Medical Students:
- The Modern White Coat, or, How you can take 10 lbs off your short white coat (PDF).
A, B, C’s
- Intubating in the ED – RSI, DSI and Beyond (Prezi) – for junior physicians.
- Mechanical Ventilation for Students (PDF). To be updated, not yet optimized.
- Mechanical Ventilation for Residents (PDF). General intro with a focus on ARDSnet and restrictive lung strategy, still missing section on ventilation of Obstructive Lung Disease.