I’ve tried to provide a listing of all FOAM conference resources. But as always, if you know of other meetings that encourage remote participation or make effective use of social media and FOAM, please let me know and I’ll update the list.
Arranged in reverse chronological order, from the Conferences page:
- #ACEMASM13 had an amazing Twitter feed and according to Dr. Domnhall Brannigan of UnderneathEM.com we can expect even more goodness from ASM 2014
- Although the final program has yet to be posted, one of the conference’s 4 themes, Innovation, Education and Social Media, should be particularly interesting to the FOAM community (Dec. 2013)
- Between this conference and 2014 CCME+Ottawa Conference the Canadians are really taking over Social Media in Med Ed.
- ICRE will be preceded by a Social Media in Medical Education Summit on October 22nd.
- This is just a great course that brings together leaders in medical education and leaders from the FOAM world.
- Expect plenty of multimedia, live streams and more!
- Visit their website and follow their social media liaison, Dr. Salim Rezaie (@srrezaie), for all the latest: http://theteachingcourse.com
- Both conference will be held simultaneously, and in another Canadian coup, CCME will hold a pre-conference Social Media Bootcamp on April 25 from 12:45 to 16:15 Featuring:
- Dr. Anne Marie Cunningham (UK)
- Dr. Alireza Jalali (Canada)
- Mrs. Natalie Lafferty (UK)
- Dr. Neil Mehta (USA)
- Ms. Catherine Peirce (Canada)
- Disclosure: I am a member of the Resus14 Social Media Team along with Dr. Jeremy Faust, Dr. Manrique Umana, Dr. Ari Kestler and Dr. Haney Mallemat.
- We’ll be providing live Twitter feeds and supplemental materials, including moderated twitter Q&A, via Social Media channels. Visit the website and follow any one of us on Twitter or @Center4Resus for more.
- These people are writing the book on social media + medical conferences.
- Don’t miss it.
International EM Teaching Course 2013 (#IEMTC13), October 21-25, 2013
- This course didn’t disappoint, the next edition, planned for April 2014, will likely be even better! They’re using #ITCapr14 for it. Visit their website and follow their social media liaison, Dr. Salim Rezaie (@srrezaie), for all the latest: http://theteachingcourse.com
- And for a touch of drama between IEMTC and the folks at SMACC, check out the following post at Life in the Fast Lane
2013 ACEP Scientific Assembly (#ACEP13)
- This is one of the largest EM conferences in the US. Expect an enormous volume of twitter coverage and other materials.
- There are no “official” iReporters yet, but Jeremy Faust has arranged for a voluntary sign-up for live-tweeters so you know who’ll be covering what. Check out the list of “reporters” here. You can sign up to contribute here.
CAEP 2013 (#CAEP13), June 1-5, 2013
- Organizers are promising a measure of FOAM and BoringEM‘s Brent Thoma will be live-tweeting on behalf of Academic Life in EM as @ALIEMconf. Follow Brent using the ALIEM alias, and also as @BoringEM.
Social Media and Critical Care 2013 (#SMACC2013), March 11-13, 2013
- Post Conference UPDATES:
- PK-SMACC Talks: User submitted videos, 6 min and 40 sec long, 20 slides each. You can still submit your own SMACC Talk until the conference itself! To be judged at the conference. See the link for examples and more info. (FREE)
- SMACC-Club: An around the clock, user generated journal club! See the link the rules and more info. Submissions accepted only on March 1, 2013 – so you still have time! (FREE)
- Google+ Hangouts: Dr. Minh Le Cong will be video chatting live with YOU and with conference speakers and panelists. Follow him on Twitter at @rfdsdoc and see further instructions here. (FREE)
- Podcasts and Vodcasts: All sessions will be recorded and made available online. (FREE)
American Academy of Emergency Medicine (#AAEM13) – Concluded 2/13/2013
- Didn’t have any unique SoMe features, but did end up with a very active Twitter feed that still continues a week after the conference closed. Also, many materials available online (see below).
- Tweets of AAEM13, unedited, compiled by @DocBond007 are available here.
- Javier Benitez (@jvrbntz) compiled 129 Tweet Pearls of the Week from the conference, on Academic Life in EM.
- Conference syllabus and speakers’ handouts/slides available online here.
- The audio for all conference sessions will eventually be posted to http://www.FreeEmergencyTalks.net/ (Thank you Dr Joe Lex for the update!)