ACEP Day 1 on Twitter by the numbers (24 hour period):
3.4 million impressions
Full data/transcripts available from Symplur at: http://bit.ly/15EwfbI
Stuff I’ve learned:
Sadly, I think the Seattle convention center is not quite big enough for a crowd this size. Over 6200 4-day registrants – a record. #ACEP13
— movinmeat (@movinmeat) October 14, 2013
But seriously. See a full list of the most interesting tweets, sorted into categories, here: https://storify.com/EMIMDoc/acep13-day-1-october-14th-2013
- Critical Care
- Peds EM
- Palliative Care
- Policy and Practice
- Optho/Eye Exam (great photos!)
- International EM
Some tidbits (many of the posts have links and lit references):
- There’s a new, FREE, ACEP eFAST app for iPad
- Bougie for Cric is (maybe) becoming mainstream
- A great comparison table between central and peripheral nystagmus (HiNTS anybody?)
- Posterior STEMI’s are scary
- Lead aVR deserves more respect
- Need to know Wellen’s
- Intralipid may be useful for fat soluble OD’s like Bupivacaine, beta blockers, TCA’s. Works fast! Data is still not definitive.
- There is something called “The Disimpactor”. And looks like it does what it says.
- Lots of great Palliative pointers, including the Seattle Heart Failure prognostication app (by Epocrates) – haven’t check it out yet.
- The new ACEP President Elect is Dr. Mike Gerardi
- ACEP Council is reconsidering the tPA clinical guidelines
- Starting FY2016, blood culture before antibiotics for CAP will no longer be measured!
- ACEP joined Choosing Wisely (5 bullet-points)
- Council resolves that Bedside Sono is a diagnostic test, not part of the physical exam.
- There’s an optical iPhone adaptor that will turn your phone into a video-laryngoscopy device (see photo on Storify)
- AFEM and EuFEM are well represented!
If that’s not enough, Bodymender has posted a Storified summary here:
— Bodymender (@Bodymender_n_ED) October 15, 2013
And finally, from the archives of others:
Wisdom from ACEP 2006, by Gruntdoc: http://gruntdoc.com/2006/04/acep-day-1-lessons-learned.html#sthash.9k9W7MGD.dpbs
And reflections from ACEP 2009 by White Coat’s Call Room, on EP Monthly: http://www.epmonthly.com/whitecoat/2009/10/acep-scientific-assembly-day-1/