Slides from the session Jeremy Faust and I presented at Resuscitation 2014, including course faculty contact info:
How do you use FOAM? Why should you bother? What kind of resources are out there? How do open educational resources fit into your work/study routine?
This is the latest version of a FOAM Primer – A Six Step Guide to Academic Independence – that I’ve given at several Emergency Medicine residency programs over the last few months. Hope you find it useful! There is a new one in the works, to be presented with Dr. Jeremy Faust.
It’s cold and nasty out, the days are short, and you’re sick of just about everything (unless, of course, you’re in the sunny part of the world)… Why not make plans to attend a medical conference this spring? No, it’s not quite like SCUBA diving in Belize or climbing the Kilimanjaro. But, contrary to your fantasy vacation, you might actually find that somebody else is willing to fund this trip for you. Use your CME funds wisely my friends…
I’ve been updating the Conferences Page and am amazed by the large number of meetings happening around the world this spring. Take a look at the list if you’re feeling down. And don’t forget that even if you can’t make it to #Resus14 or #CCME14, no matter where you are you can always participate in the conversation by visiting FOAMFeeds. Did you know that #AAEM14 started today?
For the go-getters, here are a few upcoming deadlines:
- SMACC Gold – There is still time to submit your Pecha Kucha SMACC Talk!
- Submit your proposal for a CCME 2014 Associated Symposium: February 28, 2014
- SAMsterDAM submission deadline: March 4, 2014
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities 2014 – Call for Proposals: March 6, 2014
- ICRE 2014 submission deadline: March 7, 2014
- TAPNA 2014 submission deadline: March 21, 2014
And some recently added gatherings:
- The Canadian Critical Care Conference, Feb. 25-28
- The All NYC Emergency Medicine Conference (#allNYCem6), March 12
- SAMsterDAM (Spring Conference, Society for Acute Medicine), May 1-2
- North York General Emergency Medicine Update (#EMU2014), May 8-10
- 7th Annual Critical Care Ultrasound Symposium, May 10-11
- The National Conference on Wilderness Medicine, May 28 – June 1
- Emergency Tasmania, August 8-10
As always, if you know of any EM, CC, Ultrasound, Medical Ethics or Medical Education Conferences that should be included, drop me a line!