Some impressions from the 2013 NY EM Health Policy Assembly are posted below in Storified form (click on the logo above for the program).
My top takeaways:
- Our practice environment is rapidly changing
- We need to stay on the ball and make sure our views and our patient’s views are represented (this includes making financial contributions to our professional/political bodies)
- Billing is a shady business
- Medicare fraud is STUNNING, but we can do something to fight it
- EP’s must stand up for our rights in the workplace
- New technologies and social networks have fantastic medical possibilities, but at the same time they’re becoming more invasive and allowing insurers (and employers) more access into our private lives.
See what you think…